AFCON qualifiers: Onuachu sets new Super Eagles target ahead of Lesotho clash

Genk striker, Paul Onuachu, has said his his desire to score regularly for the Super Eagles.

Onuachu scored a late winner for Nigeria, as the beat Benin Republic 1-0 last weekend in a 2022 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier.

The 26-year-old has been in terrific form for his Belgian club this season, scoring 27 goals across all competitions and providing two assists.

Onuachu had previously struggled to replicate his fine club forms for Nigeria, having only scored one goal since his debut in 2019 before finding the net in Porto Novo.

“I’m happy to have scored the match-winner for the team in Cotonou,” Onuachu told the Punch.

“I’ve worked very hard to get here. It’s like a long road but I’m very happy to be here and to get the opportunity and the goal.

“I want to do more like I have been doing with my club this season. It has always been my dream to score for Nigeria in games and I want to do that regularly when I get an invitation to represent my fatherland.”

The post AFCON qualifiers: Onuachu sets new Super Eagles target ahead of Lesotho clash appeared first on Kemi FIlani News.



source https://www.kemifilani.ng/2021/03/afcon-qualifiers-onuachu-sets-new-super-eagles-target-ahead-of-lesotho-clash.html

Post a Comment

0 Comments